We are aware that more ‘lawyering’ is not always the optimal solution to a particular problem. Sometimes you just need clear information to a specific question so you can move ahead yourself.
As a helpful resource we provide these informative case studies and issue reviews on popular topics that contain useful information relevant to your legal process. Check them out, they could save you time and money.
- Should I make a will?
- Who can get a copy of the Will?
- Who can make a family provision claim?
- What is Probate and why do I need it?
- What are the features of a Charitable Trust?
- What is the potential benefit of a Notice of Intended Distribution in an Estate?
- The guarantor in a lease has just died. The Lessee company owes me money under the lease. Can I claim against the deceased’s Estate?
- I have inherited a property with a mortgage on it. Is the estate liable to discharge the mortgage first?
- I own a yacht with a friend and we race it together on the weekends at the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club. I would like my sister to have my share in the yacht when I die. Can this be done?
- The basics of buying and selling.
- When do I need a written contract for Home Building work?
- How has the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) affected Retention of Title (“Romalpa”) clauses in supply contracts?
- Do I need a section 16 Certificate when I am exercising an Option on a Retail Lease?
- What additional terms are prohibited from being added to a Residential Tenancy Agreement?
- What are the identification requirements when acting for the mortgagee in a mortgage?
- I want to install a dividing fence between my neighbours and my land, but my neighbours don't agree. What should I do?
- I am selling my residential property and I have done work as an owner-builder. Do I need to attach a certificate of insurance to the contract?
- What is a Statutory Demand, when should or should I not use one?
- How Do I Serve a Document on a Corporation?
- I am a real estate agent. I had an agency agreement with a vendor and introduced a prospective buyer to the property. The vendor changed agents and sold the property to the same prospective buyer. Am I entitled to claim commission?
- I don't like an assessment by the Office of State Revenue (OSR). What are my appeal options?
- How do I Obtain an Apprehended Personal/ Domestic Violence Order?
- Can I get a garnishee order against Centrelink income?
- What is the legal test for production of subpoena material?
- How to Obtain a Default Judgement?
- How Do I Enforce a Judgement Against the Defendant?
- What Damages are Compensable for Breach of Contract?
- How long do I have to file a Default Judgement?
- What is the effect of the Evidence Amendment (Evidence of Silence) Act 2013?
- Where do I find interest rates upon judgements?
- I've been told my rights were subrogated to the insurer, what does that mean?
- I have filed a statement of claim and the defendant has agreed he owes me the amount claimed. What do I do?